Do you have unsightly yellow teeth? Are white spots on your teeth causing you anxiety?
In our Annapolis dental office, we offer a wide range of teeth whitening techniques. We offer in-office teeth bleaching, teeth whitening at home, and specialized treatment for deep stains on teeth. No matter the issue, Lee, Bonfiglio, Vesely & Associates in Annapolis MD can help you.
What’s The Best Way to Whiten Teeth?
It is easy to be overwhelmed by the variety of teeth whitening products on the market. From whitening toothpastes to gels and strips, choosing the best method can be challenging. We recommend professional teeth whitening treatments from certified dentist for the safest and most effective results. A dentist has access to professional strength bleaching products. They can provide guidance on the best application techniques to protect gums, tooth enamel, and prevent tooth sensitivity. Don’t be fooled by the cheap whitening products you may find in retail stores. They only offer temporary results, that may even hurt your long-term oral health.
Teeth Whitening For Dark or Yellow Teeth
If you have stained teeth, brown teeth, or yellow teeth, you may benefit from a combination of teeth whitening treatments. We offer Zoom in-office teeth whitening treatment for instant results. Zoom whitening is an excellent way to jump start a teeth whitening regimen if you have significant tooth discoloration. In-office teeth whitening procedures can be followed up with at-home teeth whitening to achieve the desired affects.
To maintain your white smile, avoid dark foods and beverages like coffee, tea and soda. If you do enjoy these beverages, use a straw to prevent the liquid from coming in contact with your tooth enamel. You should also avoid tobacco use, a common cause for stained teeth and yellow teeth.
Treatment for White Spots on Teeth
It may seem contradictory to have white stains on teeth, however, you may have noticed white spots on your teeth. White spots on teeth are actually an indication of early tooth decay. Most often, white spots on teeth form during orthodontic treatment with metal braces. Food particles and other debris become trapped against the tooth and erode the enamel and tooth structure. These spots can easily be treated by your dentist.
How Do Teeth Become Discolored?
Some common causes of tooth discoloration include:
- The foods you eat can have an impact on your tooth color. Certain fruits and drinks like sodas, coffee, and tea have the ability to stain tooth enamel.
- Smoking cigarettes is a large contributor to tooth discoloration. Tobacco products stain and darken teeth with continued use.
- Medications prescribed by your doctor can cause deep stains. Certain medications like antihistamines and antibiotics can slowly deteriorate your enamel.
- Age and just following the basic principles of oral care naturally discolor teeth. Tooth enamel wears down over time, revealing the dark layer of dentin underneath.
- Recent injury to your mouth can cause chipped, cracked, and broken teeth to appear discolored.
Schedule a Risk-free Consultation
Ask Lee, Bonfiglio, Vesely & Associates about treatment options for white spots on teeth. We will improve their appearance, and prevent the spread of cavities. You have may teeth whitening options, call (410) 989-8298 for more today.