Dentures & Partials An Overview
Lee, Bonfiglio, Vesely & Associates is a leading dentist in Annapolis for dentures, partials and dental implant systems. Our on-site laboratory gives us a unique ability to fabricate dental components onsite using the finest quality materials and standards to assure you a long-lasting precision fit.
In addition, Annapolis Denture Service is located on-site, offering fast denture repair services.
All the staff are very friendly and very helpful. I like the cleanliness and the spaciousness of the waiting room. The dentist and the hygienist are very good at communicating what procedures they were going to perform. I would recommend this dental practice to all of my friends and family.Tim S., Annapolis
Dr Lee is the best dentist I have been encountered in the Annapolis vicinity. He has repaired my front teeth; it makes me want to smile more often. He is proficient and caring. Go to Dr Lee, you won't be sorry.David L., Annapolis
Dr. Albert Lee, and his staff are truly a professional group. From the time you are greeted by the front office staff to time with the hygienist, you are always made to feel special. They always care about you as a patient, and strive to make you comfortable. Lee, Bonfiglio,…Thomas W., Annapolis
As a patient of more than 25+ years in this dental practice, I have the vantage point of having seen it grow and mature. As the doctors have continued their educations, the quality of care has continued to be superior. Innovative dental technology and up to date procedures are always…John T., Annapolis
Dentures & Partials What to Expect
Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth. They are made out of an acrylic resin and may at times incorporate porcelain or metal for additional structural support. There are two main types of dentures: complete and partial dentures.
Both types of dentures are finely crafted, custom-fitted and designed to restore a natural looking smile. Dentures offer many benefits for patients with missing teeth aside from cosmetic improvements. They help strengthen muscles controlling your facial expressions and improve speech problems caused by missing teeth.
Dentures may require that some teeth be extracted to improve their fit and functionality. We give extra consideration when determining if this option is right for you.
Types of Dentures
- Complete Dentures – Complete dentures are replacements for all of your teeth, upper and lower. Their comfort depends on muscle, bones, tongue, and saliva. Patients begin wearing conventional dentures after healing of the gums, if teeth were extracted first.
- Immediate Dentures – Immediate Dentures are placed at the same time that teeth are extracted so at no time are you without teeth. The dentures may require additional adjustments after the healing process. It can take months for your bone and tissue to stabilize after tooth extractions.
- All-on-Four – “All on 4” and “Teeth in a Day” are names for a type of implant-secured denture. Our dentist can plan the placement of dental implants to secure a denture in place. These type of dentures are only removable by the dentist and offer greater improvement in long term comfort and oral health compared to other types of dentures. Implant dentures aren’t for everyone, we can help you decide which is best during a visit to our Annapolis dental office.
- Upper Dentures – Upper Dentures tend to be a bit easier to adjust to. These are made of the same materials as a Complete Denture, but are designed to provide you with upper teeth only.
- Over Dentures – Over Dentures are a type of conventional denture similar to Complete Dentures. The difference is that not all teeth are extracted and they use one or more natural teeth for their support. This type provides greater stabilization during chewing. Over Dentures cost more and typically require more preparation dental appointments until the procedure is fully complete.
- Partial Dentures – Designed to correct the gaps in your smile when only some of your teeth are missing. Metal attachments anchor the dentures to your natural teeth. Partial Dentures maintain tooth alignment by preventing your remaining teeth from shifting. Partial Dentures can also help prevent your loss of more teeth due to decay or gum disease.
Schedule an appointment online to visit Annapolis Denture Service for all your denture needs.